} -->

Anything and everything about my love for fashion, travel, food and beauty.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

BIG NEWS



RED TO BRUNETTE 



Well if you know me you would agree, for me this is big news. 

I died my hair, yes my beloved cherry red is gone. It wasn't a quick process either from having been bright red for years my hair was stained. But to give my hair the break from the constant dying I simply had to go back to brunette. 

It was about a five hour long process, yes tiring! 





Being brunette does defeat the name for my blog, but it isn't permanent. I am a red head at heart! 

So the process to go from bright red to chocolate brunette. 


1. Bleach out the red, almost stripping. I use L'Oreal professional products in this case I used Effassor. Comes in little sachets, It is a little kinder to the hair then bleach which can be harsh therefore the hair will become brittle. 

2. Leave this up to 60 minutes at a go, Always keep checking the hair!!

3.Wash, shampoo condition and dry

4.This stage I had bright orange hair this being a good base for a lovely brunette. Going over with a five base natural light brown 5.0 Majirel. 

5. Leave for 35 minutes, wash, shampoo and condition.

6. Now just to give it the refreshing chocolate I went over with a semi permanent 4.35, Leave for 35 minutes and TREATMENT. 

My hair in a small amount of time had gone through a lot, and needed a treatment. 

So finishing look! 





Tadar, Now of course If you haven't any experience (I am a trained hairdresser) I would recommend going to a salon for such a colour change! It can be a little tough if you cant see the back of your head aswell!

Overall the brunette is a lovely change and I won't have to constantly dye it to keep the shade bright hopefully this will improve the condition for next time I go red. 


Lauren :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger