} -->

Anything and everything about my love for fashion, travel, food and beauty.

Thursday 19 March 2015

The daffodil Cheltenham

The Daffodil 
Cheltenham 


Afternoon tea 


The daffodil is an art deco brassier/bar/restaurant situated in Montpellier, Cheltenham. 
The daffodil used to be an old cinema, which makes it interesting place to go for lunch or dinner as they have kept the old cameras, brilliant atmosphere about the place. Overall this place is in my top five of places to eat in Cheltenham.  

I love writing reviews of restaurants and bars mainly because I love food, Hey at least I am honest. In the last few years I have tried to come here at least once every four months or so. I have in the past come here for dinner, never for afternoon tea however. We had just missed a fantastic lunch menu, two courses for 15.50 by half hour, So at 3pm we settled for afternoon tea. I took my sister and her fiancé as a little early birthday treat for her, As I know she loves the this place 

Lillies in the hallway


How is the service?


It was fantastic greeted at the door, They do usually ask to take coats but on this occasion they didn't. They are polite, friendly, attentive and all round great customer service. You can not fault this place for staff.




What is the food like?

In the past the meals here have been great all too a high standard. This time I picked afternoon tea, you get sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, fudge cake, carrot cake, macaroon, and panna cotta. 


The afternoon tea is £12.50 per person, Including a pot of tea each of your choice. The food itself comes on 3 tiers, I have honestly say my favourites where the panna cotta with salted caramel popcorn and the salmon sandwich. Mmmh. Lets think about it, £12.50 per person for a lunch is a really good price. 

Fresh scones, jam and cream.

Panna Cotta




Beautiful jess about ready to pop

Myself and jess 



The best doorstop ever!





Just a short review, I rate this place very high around 9/10. Amazing service, amazing food and good prices. 








1 comment:

  1. Pretty pictures

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger